Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mobile Home Plumbing Tip #1 - Leave Slack in Your Lines!

Mobile Home Plumbing Tip #1 - Leave Slack in Your Lines!

If you live in a mobile home, you are probably accustomed to the following sentiment:
  •  'I hope my pipes don't freeze' 
  • 'I hope I don't have a water leak'.
Unfortunately, every mobile home home sees at least one water leak, especially if the home is older.
If you are replumbing your mobile home, or running new lines, or replacing a line, do yourself a favor 
and leave slack in the line. 

There is nothing more frustrating than groping at a nub of pipe sticking up from the floor, or realizing 
you don't have enough pipe left after you cut the leak out. 

Sometimes this is impossible (CPVC, Copper). Which pipe to use under your mobile home is another topic, which I will hit on. I will say this: Use Pex Pipe.

One thing is for certain, leave slack. No one cares if your mobile home is plumbed in perfectly cut linear lines that would make aliens marvel at the rigid beauty. You are going to care when you need that slack to fix something you 'fixed' last winter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment